Make another woman’s journey a little easier by donating your wig.
If you’ve been through chemotherapy, you understand how upsetting hair loss can be. You may also know how much a high quality wig costs, making it unaffordable for many women. The Wig Exchange was created to provide a meaningful way for women to recycle their gently used wigs while helping other women facing cancer.
What happens when I donate my wig?
- We’ll provide you with detailed information on where to send your wig.
- Every wig is then professionally cleaned and reconditioned so it’s hygienic
and looks like new.
- The wig is photographed and displayed in our online Wig Salon.
- When a wig is selected, our coordinator will provide the recipient with her wig, a stand,
wig care products, accessories and instructions.
- When her treatment is finished, the recipient returns the wig and the process starts again.
Your donation to The Wig Exchange—in the form of a wig, accessories or monetary contributions—is tax deductible to the extent of the law. Please confirm details with your accountant or financial advisor. We can provide you with a letter for tax purposes confirming that you donated your wig(s).
Due to the overwhelming generosity of donors, we have received over 7,000 wigs since 2012! Our small group of volunteers are actively working to ensure that the wigs get into the hands of those who need them. In addition to helping local women through The Wig Exchange, we’re also providing wigs for women with cancer in developing countries through our Wigs Without Borders® program. At this time, we are only accepting brand new wigs that have never been worn. Thank you for your understanding.